Sometimes you just don’t want the hassle.
Sometimes you don’t want to go out into the cold, cut the wood, bring it in, start a fire, lovingly tend to it more than your own children, wait up until it is a smouldering heap of ash before you go to bed, knowing that come morning you will have to sweep out the ash-pan in a cloud of clingy dust.
Sometimes it’s nice to be able to turn your fire on and off at the touch of a button.
If that sounds like you then it looks like you may enjoy an electric fire. Ok, to the hardcore wood burner it may seem like a cop-out, but it isn’t always practical, or within some people’s budgets, to install a stove. The following points will show you the benefits of having an electric fire as a very convenient and effective method of heating.
Easy to install- All you have to do is put your electric fire within reach of a plug socket – no need for a flue, chimney or pipe work. We offer a range of authentic cast-iron and steel electric stoves, that can be installed into a chimney breast that when not in use, the untrained eye would not know the difference. We also stock matching decorative flue pipes to add to the authenticity.
- Easy to control – You can turn the heat up or down as you please at the touch of a button
- Safe – Whilst wood, multifuel and gas fires have many safety features, if it is not installed correctly, you risk inhaling toxic fumes. With an electric fire, there is no combustion, making it as safe as an electric heater.
- Light and heat – Many electric fires can be used to give off light without heat, heat without light or light and heat simultaneously. This makes it ideal for creating a cosy atmosphere, even if the temperature hasn’t dropped enough to warrant the heat.
- 100% efficient – Electricity is turned into heat immediately, making it efficient at the point of use.
- Improved flame effects – The electric fire has come on leaps and bounds in recent years. For example, the Dimplex Optimyst (below) creates a smouldering fire effect by vaporising water and lighting the mist from underneath.
- Clean – No ash, no creosote and no smoke, making it fine to use in Smoke Controlled Areas and safe for people with breathing problems.
- Colours – Rather than just the standard matt black, many electric stoves are now available in a selection of colours and finishes from ivory enamel through to cool and contemporary black glass.
- Great styles – We stock an enormous selection of electric fires and electric stoves in a wide range of styles and outputs. Take a look today!