Knowing what you want from a fire helps you decide on the perfect fireplace product. Whilst taking into account the style, output and feature type of your stove, fuel is a major factor.
If you don’t want the smoke, ash and effort a wood or multifuel burner requires, but you still want a real flame, then gas may be the fuel for you.
So you can make your choice fully armed with all the facts, we’ve put together a list of all the benefits of having a gas fire.
Instant flame and easy to use – You won’t have to buy, chop or store firewood, nor will you have to perfect your fire starting technique.
- Easy to control – To tame the flames of a gas fire, you simply have to reduce the gas flow – often at touch of a remote button.
- Environmentally friendly – With no wood being burned and no smoke being emitted, gas fires have zero emissions and can be used in smoke controlled areas.
- No mess – No creosote (a flammable tar like substance that sticks to the inside of a flue or chimney if wood is not burned properly), no ash and no sparks as you’re only burning gas.
- Cheaper installation – As you often don’t need a conventional chimney, installation can often be cheaper and less invasive of your home.
- Stylish design options – We stock a variety of styles of gas stoves, with an outstanding choice of traditional and contemporary designs.
Easily shut it off quickly – If you need to turn the stove off quickly, you can shut off the gas supply and it’ll begin cooling immediately. With, for example, you wish to turn off a multifuel stove, you’d have to wait for the fuel to stop burning, which could take a very long time.